GEZONDHEID VAN MOEDER EN KIND
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
Rotary supports activities and training to improve maternal health and reduce mortality for children under five. Projects strengthen the health care system by improving access to and expanding medical services, providing medical equipment, and training health care personnel.
Area of Focus Statement of Purpose and Goals
TRF enables Rotarians to improve the health of mothers and their children by:
1. Reducing the neonatal and newborn mortality rate
2. Reducing the mortality and morbidity rate of children under five
3. Reducing the maternal mortality and morbidity rate
4. Improving access to essential medical services, trained community health workers, and health care providers
5. Funding graduate scholarships for career-minded professionals related to maternal and child health.