WATER, SANITATIE en HYGIENE
WATER, SANITATION, AND HYGIENE
Rotary supports activities that encourage the management and protection of freshwater resources and provide universal and equitable access to safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene. TRF seeks to empower governments, institutions, and communities to manage their water, sanitation, and hygiene services through environmentally sound, measurable, and sustainable interventions.
Area of Focus Statement of Purpose and Goals
TRF enables Rotarians to ensure communities’ sustainable access to water, sanitation, and hygiene by:
1. Facilitating universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water
2. Improving water quality by protecting and maintaining surface- and groundwater resources, reducing pollution and contaminants, and promoting wastewater reuse
3. Facilitating universal and equitable access to improved sanitation and waste management services in order to achieve open defecation-free communities
4. Improving community hygiene knowledge, behaviors, and practices that help prevent the spread of disease
5. Strengthening the capacity of governments, institutions, and communities to develop, finance, manage, and maintain sustainable water and sanitation services
6. Funding graduate scholarships for career-minded professionals related to water, sanitation, and hygiene.